25 September, 2008

Application for the position of Team Leader, Purgatory

They finally advertised the ongoing position of Team Leader here, and they've held interviews. Now I'm just waiting to see what the outcome is.

What I didn't expect was to hear that Ted E. had applied for the job.

I was good, though. I didn't laugh uproariously at the idea (although it was close) and I think I managed to close off the "wtf?!?" expression on my face before it had time to take hold.

I'm not quite as stunned as I'd have been if he'd also reached the interview stage, but I'm still staggered at the sheer force of his self-delusion. I know he doesn't even understand the very basic jobs he avoids doing during the course of a normal working day, and therefore doesn't grasp that on his best days his performance is mediocre ... but to assume he could leap four position levels and take on licence and contract management, team management, budgeting, and HR functions.

Wow.

What colour is the sky on his planet? And he won't even understand why didn't get to the interview stage. No, he'll take it as further confirmation that no-one recognises his worth...

No comments: